...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Sunday

Year of the Dragons!!


It's that time of year again.. but its come early this time.. Chinese New Year!!! :D
It's mostly a big deal to the eastern culture because tradition makes it more important than any holiday or birthday/ remembrance days put together!!  Over the years.. it's become a smaller and smaller deal in my family because CNY is about family and new starts and celebrating to together but family feuds happen, cousins move homes further away from each other and then its just reduced to extreme house cleaning and a ridiculous amount of food for the next couple of days... O_O

When i was little they dressed me up in pretty dresses and we went around to family gatherings and played and ate awesome food with my cousins and it was so fun! We'd go to see the lion dances and watch the firecrackers go off, get anything that would make a noise in our hands (those things u throw on the ground that go BANG and drums and windmills with bells) and go crazy! i remember i got lost in chinatown as a 5 yr old and it was so scary!! >_< they had to take me onto stage to call out my brothers name to find me!!

Now its the year of the Dragon.. my half breed year... my birth falls at the end of rabbit year (because cny always comes right after my bday at some point but im born in 88 the dragon year) and the start of dragon year so my parents used to always read my chinese horoscopes twice as both would be relevant to me... I haven't had the best of luck this year so they gonna go all superstitious on me and making me take precautions... O_o hope they don't make me eat extra mandarins to boost my luck energy!! O_o

I wrote a post about what CNY is all about last year, click HERE to learn more! :)

I haven't been to the Chinatown celebrations in years, i may go this year.. It's celebrated this year in Trafalgar square in London but next weekend 29th Jan..i'll be sure to update the blog if i do!! 

Any how, just an opportunity to wish everyone Chúc mừng năm mới!! 新年快樂!! Happy Chinese New Year everyone!! It's actually tomo but the new year eve is important for us because we doing all the home stuff...

No comments: