...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Thursday

Am i typical?

Just wondering lately...the stereotype about people and the reflection of that idea on myself... Ok 1stly...

Maybe i do look like typical viet/chink... My hair has gone through some colours and styling over the years... like i 1st coloured my hair when i was around 14.. and although typical to go for the blond when you are younger...a sign of rebelion- since oriental people associate that look with Triads.. i've opted to keep my hair bold and blonde in my 20's... I dunno.. It's blond because it is... because i'm not ready to grow up yet maybe... or i refuse to conform... Everyone in my family has always kept their hair dark... and don't get me wrong..i love my dark hair...but i know i will keep it like that when i'm abit more grown up...uno..have a family..find my feet firmly on the ground and just well..change!!

My ex used to not like my hair... he never wanted anyone to look at me or even talk to me...and thought if i wore make up, or got my hair did..or bought new clothes...that it should all be for him and no one else!! O_o and that really made me rebel!! Because i did these things for myself...nobody has the right to change who you are or want to be..i mean unless ur a killer or sumfin... O_o and i found that whenever i tried to change for someone else..it made me sad and it was temporary... :( That was a long time ago...and made me more determined to just be myself..work on myself and not to expect too much from anyone else...

So back to the typical thing... My look..hair, facial features, make up..my eyes are bigger..i'm not skinny..i've always had curves..i dno..i guess i look typical from 1st impressions..but i sure as hell dont give off that i am in my personality or just the way i am... i never grew up hangin out with 'my yellow pplz' i was brought up with a strong sibling relationship..and in a rough neighbourhood...My friends were all mixed... and i was abit of a tomboy in skool, i had no interest in kissing and dating!! :p

When i'm at work, i ALWAYSSS almost every day get asked where i'm from... Japan, Thailand, Filipino, China, i got Nepalese before... even black or latino mixed in O_o!! Are people blind?!!  like.. maybe i don't look typical viet/chink in features..and if i get the 'up n down' look from the dudes..it's "are you mixed race?" and over the years..don't laugh!! i realised its because i have wide hips, alil boobage and assage O_o oh please..not all oriental girls have flat asses and no chest!! its a poor stereotype!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the chink girl in that poster DOES have NO boobs and NO ass! Looks about 12 years old!