...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Thursday

Thanksgiving dinner!

(my custom made apron-i'm the queen of the kitchen! :p)
Happy Thanksgiving my sweet potatoes!!! 
I for one don't define this holiday limited to just the states... The 1st line from Wikipedia defines thanks giving as 

"Thanksgiving Day is an annual holiday celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year.[1][2] Thanks are traditionally directed towards God, accompanied with feasting and prayer."

 I am taught to give thanks for everything i have in my life daily...and just for once..I wanted to remind my family how thankful i am for them... As much as me and my siblings fight here and there, we have the odd falling out, we can't forget that we are family...we shouldn't try to see everyone else as the enermy because blood IS thicker than any other you bond you gain in life... 
I set myself up to the task of cooking up a feast for my family today! i actually felt super ill today, had a voice that was rough and going, a head that was banging and a fever that pissed me off all morning... non the less, i looked at the date and november 24th was here!! Totally needed to make my lazy ass useful, i was just wasting away feeling ill (mind over matter innit :p)... did my shopping and prep'd the food..and i invited all my siblings, our partners and special cousin of course and we had a wonderful meal together!! I made a huge roast chicken with all the trimmings (Turkey is abit harder to find free range or organic and not frozen!!) and a hearty pumpkin pie! :)
Uno how food always bring people together...i loved that the people i care about were all at my table yday, and yea i know xmas is about a month away but some of the people i love won't be around during that time so i'm just thankful that they were with me today...

I honestly wore myself out abit and didnt really take time to take a proper picture for my blog... and everyone was just so hungry they didnt even wait to start carving that bird!!O_o

No comments: