...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Tuesday

Say Goodbye to Old ties...

I've recently had alot on my mind about old ties, friendships and relationships...and how they have affected the way we are to this present day... I take holy communion every month at my church as a sacrament the lord has asked of us to do so in rememberance of him... We usually confess and ask for forgiveness before we take holy communion and everytime i would ask for the forgiveness of my sins, the forgiveness of sins of others and the strength to forgive others that have wronged me that i still find hard to forgive... I don't know why...as much as i try to not let the wrongs of other towards me get at me...well dammit it does and it does take me awhile to really forgive and not feel emotions that would say otherwise... 

Someone told me that it is ok not to forget what these people have done to me...rather than hold pain/grudges towards them...squash it and let it go...and really by trying to not forget, reminding yourself to forgive and remember what they did...well..u eventually forget with no negative feelings attached.... I for one have definately let the people who have hurt me-hurt me more simply by ignoring the problem and when those people float back up in my life...the associated hurt comes back...and what can u do but be back in that place right??? which is whyyyy.... *drum roll* to say goodbye to old ties is the remember and think of them...let out the hurt and anger...and then say 'i forgive you' in your heart... As much days as it takes till it really is goodbye mentally, emotionally and physically..(well u probably wouldn't care so much even if u bumped into them if you've gotten to that point!!) Some people are able to remain friends after true forgiveness...depending on the situations of course..and some simply can't because we don't forget dispite the freedom of forgiveness...

just thought i'd share a mind note worth pondering on... what do you think guys and dollies??


No comments: