...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Tuesday

Love... A fruit of the spirit...

Love is hard.. don't you think guys?? When you think of what it means to love in the way where Love originated from.. the father... It certainly isn't an easy thing to do...not in my eyes...
 I'm sure you guys know of the term 'Love your Enermies'... but really..how do you do that...If love means affection..googly feelings and an urge to care and protect...how can you reproduce those feelings towards your enermies??
I've recently watched a sermon one Sunday about Love and it inspired me to share my thoughts... Because there are so many mistakes i feel i have made in the ideas of what Love used to mean to me... I've had my share of heartbreaks..from friendships, familys and partners...all of which have taught me that i still have yet to learn so much about what it means to truely Love...  There shouldn't be much difference from loving an enemy to loving a person you have feelings for..but yet the ease of the actions in doing so are so hard to put onto the same page...How do you even begin to start changing yourself to get to that point???

I used to think about Love in the romantic way..in so many different theories... when i was younger...i think its natural to try to find the answers yourself...But one thing that kept happening in my life was that for whenever i found the the answers back then..the questions changed...
Within my journey to explore the meanings of life (as you all know)...I think if i didn't start asking the questions this year i would have never have found the answers that stayed the same and stopped that vicious cycle...On a subject that is so diverse and debatible..i found my truth and answers about Love within the examples Jesus Christ...

It's about what we are willing to give up and curb our choices to fulfill someone elses desires...its an action, not a feeling...its a choice, a verb...its means to serve..to sacrifice yourself for your enermies... Jesus washed his disples feet... like how could the king of kings do that for others?? Because of Love...And the ultimate act of Love..When he gave his life in sacrific for our sins... The way i had to put that into perspective was to imagine my own child being nailed to a crucifix and killed infront of my very eyes...Just for a 'maybe'...not even for a forsure'...Love is definately a risk...

C.S Lewis says  "To love at all is to be vunerable..love anything and your heart will certainly be rung and possibly be broken... If you wanna make sure of keeping it in tact, you must give your heart to no one..not even your pet..wrap it around with hobbies, little luxuries, avoid all entanglements..lock it up safe..in the casket or a coffin of your selfishness..but in that casket, safe, dark, motionless..airless..it will change..it will not be broken but it will become unbreakable..inpeneratable..inredeemable.."

Love with action and truth..not words...
we tend to think of relationships as a bargain or a negociation...but really what ultimately matters is putting the other persons happiness before your owns... tough thing to do..but when reflecting upon what Jesus did...i'm sure i can be more and more like him if i keep that in my heart everyday...

I think we can Love...because he 1st loved us...

x

No comments: