...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Wednesday

The invention of an amazing inventor...

Me and my niece being play cowboys



I'm not sure if i ever mentioned this on my blog but i studied product design in university... many reasons why i chose to take on this a my course... to fine tune my skills as an inventor...

I was born with a natural talent for being creative... i was very hands on and arty as a kid and i always dreamed big of doing everything and anything that looked interesting and fun! I loved cooking, and whiles every kid watched channel 1 and 3 after primary school.. i would flick to channel 2 and watch ready steady cook because it appealed to me more than cartoons ( not that id idnt watch cartoons, i loved them too!)

i would also want to paint, draw, become a hairdresser, shoe maker, jewelry designer, tattoo artist, fashion designer, pattern maker, a mechanic, build bikes and fix things ( like my dad!) make furniture for ikea, arcitect, interior designer, graphic designer, illutrator, game designer, animator..stuff like that... I was always indecisive about what i wanted to become...i wanted to do everything!!

Then i thought.. there must be one universal degree that can be applied to all thing involved in those things... an invertor!!

i picked product design because at the time, i figured.. it doesn't matter what i do, if the outcomes shows the improvement and a solution to the problem to the brief, then i would be happy that i can use my skills to make a better world and place for the people that live in it!

If the brief was to improve the lifestyle for someone with arthritis..it could come in the form of packaging ( simple to open and ergonomically designed) in fashion ( ease of putting on and off and wash and eight and comfort) in furniture, in application, in food, in interior spacial design, even down to the material i could create to solve the problem... Doesn't that sound awesome??

Lately i've been thinkin hard about my dreams... i used to want to work to be really sucessful and make loadsa money so my parent can have a good life... but i've realized money does not motivate me... money does not help me pursue happiness...  As much as i want to create and invent something and get rich from it... i would rather continue the paths that show people the side of me that really pushed me in the 1st place... Love...

Dr Nakamats is my inspiration...  Please watch this documentary about him and understand how i have come to see my motivations in life... This guy is my idol...i hope someday i can do great things with myself the way he did for this world :)

WATCH THE INVENTION OF DR NAKAMATS BY CLICK HERE!!

No comments: