...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Monday

The awesome Harrisons caves!!

Originally, I was meant to visit this place with jami but she's way too busy studyin so I went on my ones... I took the bus from town to get here and how blown away was I when I got to the site?!! The driver showed me how high up we were and mentioned how deep the caves r!! Pretty awesome!!
The tour, like most tours, start off with a short film about the history of the cave and how the island was formed... Barbados is the only island on the carribean that isn't vocanic...it was formed from fossils and layers of sediments hardening over billions of yrs..i think :p
Everyone who knows me knows me.. even u guys who have read my early posts..should know that im a geological person.. i love geology and collecting crystals and rocks...makes sense that i like caves right??
Oh right i forgot to mention that after the film, we got lead into the cave on a tram car thing and we had a tour guide talkin his way through and explaining what is what etc... This whole cave is wet!! water was drippin on me and it felt so warm down here...think he said its a constant 27degrees regardless of the temperature outside throughout the year...pretty awesomee
To be honest, i only had 1 picture of me taken inside this cave on my Dslr because i was too absorbed about the cave than to prove i was there pictures... yes i'm so Lisa Simpson ok...but i really dont care...This place is friggin awesomeeeeeeenesssssss!!!! :D cost me $60 to get in...thats like £20 but it was sooo worth it

No comments: