...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Saturday

little kung fu girl...

When i was young, i studied and practiced martial arts every week, twice a week from about 14 till almost 20... It was really something that i loved... My idol was non other than Bruce Lee and even though i don't think i was one of the best students... I always tried my best... I spoke to my master yesterday and was reminded how much kung fu was apart of me.. He said noone ever really leaves the school...we all come back eventually and i think it's best if it's for yourself... Sooooo i'm going back... Back to training... I went for the 1st time again lastnight! I gotta say... i was already feeling sore from a couple days in the gym this week and i went indoor rock climbing on thursday...but i pushed myself anyways... so glad i did!

Now...do you wanna know why i started in the 1st place and stopped the last time? Well uno how racist people usually are to the ethnic minorities ( in this case, my school had mostly black girls and less white girls) i used to get the "karate kid, jacky chan, bruce lee, kung fu parents, dnt piss her off she'll karate chop u!" crap...aswell as the chinky eyes comment O_o now everyone goes through some sort of racism- this just made me really wanna really kick anyones ass who made fun of my heritage!! 
But the sad thing is, i stopped because an ex who at the time was someone new to me, didn't like the ruff and physical conditioning and stuff that my training required.. He felt i had to be feminine and he had to look like to 'mann' and laughed at me as well as made me give it up...( I KNOW, dno what i was thinking...one of those top-heavy arms and chest dudes who were weight pushing, protein shake guzzling, "am i shrinking?" complainers...) anyways he didn't realize that you don't just forget how to roundhouse kick someone to the head just because you stopped training ( that dickhead deserved many of those in my defence! >_<)

I'm gonna try to be more active this year... If i can start achieving all the small goals...eventually i reach my bigger goals \^__^/
Oh yea.. btw i only had martial arts back on my mind because of this picture on my DA profile...many people are still favouriting it everyday and i was like 15 then.. >_<

2 comments:

Stilettos and Studs said...

That's an awesome picture you have there! Please follow my blog, I hope you enjoy it just as I enjoy yours!

http://stilettosandstuds.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

:)