...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Monday

I kissed dating goodbye...

I've borrowed a book called 'i kissed dating goodbye' by Joshua Harris.. So far I'm on chapter 5... I just wanted to share my thought about Love and Relationships... After having a look at some of the stories in this book, I have to say it's really opened my eyes about the way our modern society views have changed about relationships...
This book talks about staying pure and viewing Love the way Gods wants us to love...it's written by a Christian so it channels alot of it's roots from the bible and how we should try to have a relationship when we are ready to commit to another for life... In many ways, I actually like the message it is sending out to us... I mean I've always had the view of saving ones purity for the person you marry one day...but I've never seen it in the eyes of a Christian to be honest... It's actually more than just saving yourself from getting hurt if it doesn't really work out... Most people get into relationships just to see what it's like to experience another person..mentally, physically and emotionally..but the thought of being ready to commit to that person forever isn't something we all take seriously..it's more like jut testing the waters and if it doesn't work out, on to the next uno...but do we really wanna keep wasting our efforts in energy consuming relationships when there isn't anything more to that? Same way would I really wanna be spending my Sunday's in church if I really didn't believe there was a living God?? I don't think so...
1stly is do believe in a holy trinity of God...that i dont even question anymore...and 2ndly I really don't believe in being in a relationship with someone that I can't picture myself spending the rest of my life with...I think I truly have kissed dating goodbye...if I'm with someone, it is with intention of patiently committing to be wedded one day to him...I wouldn't date if I wasn't sure or wanted to 'see how it goes'...
I love the idea of real love...I'm a hopeless romantic to be honest...and I find that this book helped me reenforce my beliefs about how I've always felt about romance and relationships...sure we learn from our past mistakes...but for your to learn from your mistakes, would you want to carry on having the same attitude towards relationships and love or view it from the teachings of a person who's love has never failed upon us?? Even if you are not religious I think it's still a matter of being open to the teachings and getting something out of it that counts..
I do honestly think this book is abit extreme and I don't completely agree with it...for example I think kissing and holding hands are ok in relationships of commitment...it's down to the individuals to make it work in a sensible manner...just don't let it lead y'all all to do da bang bang innit!! :p
I was talking to a friend and he told me the sensible girl who only ever had 1 boyfriend before him-well she put out after date number 2..and obviously after date number 3, they were no longer dating...it was just too easy for him...and it just goes to show how much self respect she had for herself really...yet she wanted a proper relationship with him...but her actions didn't help her manifest what she wanted... I dno... I guess this is a touchy subject to write about since it seems like I judge others for what their choices are in making relationships with people..but honestly guys...I don't judge anyone's choices..I'm no more a saint than anyone else...these is just my choices, we all aren't the same now are we??
With that, I think this post is getting abit complicated and long... I'll end on a famous quote Paul wrote to the people of Corinthians:-
"love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 12:4-8
I love you guys and dolls xxx

1 comment:

Steve said...

You might find my blog of interest where I critique Josh Harris's book.

www.ikdg.wordpress.com
I Kissed Dating Goodbye: Wisdom or Foolishness?

Unfortunately Josh Harris is quick to point out the problems with dating but reluctant to share any of the problems with his approach.

Hope this helps.