...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Sunday

Buddism... Confused??

Hey guyz!!
Heres a thinker.. What is Buddism?? I know its a religion... I know a basic knowledge about it to be fair.. But only because its in my culture...

Ok heres what i know... I know that there is a shrine in my house... i know that in CNY, we pray to it and i know how Buddha and the laughing Buddha looks like... i know its a peaceful religion, i know we have monks.. i know its nice and not conflicting... but any more to that?? No...

Like i've mentioned, i have never been forced to grow up with a religion, my parents were never strict on that because they weren't brought up like that aswell.. Like they were as in household cultures back home, but not the way the real buddists do it.. So i'm so confused what it really is all about...

My older sisters bf's mom is a strict and practising Buddist.. Which influences my sis bf and my older sis herself... She knows im interested in learning new things at the moment so she invited me to a temple to learn about Buddism.. In ENGLISH!! :D which btw, is very rare in the uk... so i had to go.. because i wont get another chance like this in awhile... I'm curious... I can't form an opinion unless i've gained knowledge on it... and from what i've heard... Buddism teachngs are very nice... wanna know my experience... Watch this space.. I'm gonna blog in my next post my experience.. x

No comments: