...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Wednesday

University

it's about 2 weeks exactly that I'm studying at uni and yep I've kept it on the D low because I wasn't sure I'd successfully get in.. not that anyone is as happy as I am but I got in to a pretty prestigious institution and I'm so thankful to God for answering my prayers one after another!! :)

So what's it like being in 'school' again? probably the most awesome feeling ever!! uno I've studied most of my life.. and most of it was never for me..like I probably picked subjects I was good at but did I really wanna do it? being Asian, I did it for my parents, I felt like I owed them a good life and was purely motivated to please them with my A*'s and distinctions..but there was no satisfaction in the end...I mean I think I was brought up pretty well but honestly, I say 'screw to that way of thinking!' I don't know, I realized that after getting those top grades, I'd get put down for other things I wasn't good at I.e languages-I dropped out of Chinese school age 16 because never using the language and having to memorize the characters and do my GCSEs was too much for my slow brain to process!! I'm not saying if u live to serve your parents, that's a bad thing, but in my opinion, doing studies for your own ambition to further bigger and more global ambitions is probably more sustainable that the desperate hope of love and recognition from your folks!!

I see it this way... I've been pretty good and skilled in a lot of things I have learnt and experienced...however I think I'm pretty good at design and I haven't utilised my skills in this area to the potential it can grow...I had to step out of the continuous patterns in my life to really know what I want to do...so here I am! late night's at the library, not eating because I'm too busy, coffees after coffees and just that much more busier than usual! I have to say, first 2weeks have been pretty intensive! like I wanna do the activities n fun stuff but I've had no time! I've met some pretty awesome people tho..they make me laughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! lol! so wish me luck.. let the good times roll..I'll keep y'all posted!
love snow x

No comments: