...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Wednesday

Me...an example?


I've been some sort of mentor to 2 of my co workers as of recently... One has left but insisted we stay friends outside of work and one i see about once a week... Its weird but they both look to me for guidance and help in their lives... in what way? well alot of people have tried to understand why  fasted for 50 days... why i don't entertain in gossip... why im reading scripture on my lunch breaks... why im not interested in male attention or why im just boring and alil not so 'normal' in their eyes... lol! Well.. they might think ima loser but i think im awesome haha!! :p
So one of my co workers has confided in me about the signs and the messages he has been getting to change his ways and come back into the fathers arms... but it has been difficult... he shared of his internal battles with me... he said to me today " i want to be more like you..." i was quite happy that in some way, i've quietly set an example of Christ's light and somehow have drawn him closer to others who want to know him the way i do... I said to him " I've not tried to change or force myself to be someone else... i've put my full trust and life in his hands.. what you see in me.. who you want to be more like isn't me... its just the reflection of Christ in me.." I shared my trials and weakest moments in my life when i made my decision to give my life to God with him to help him understand it wasn't smooth sailings for me either... that who i am now is still a constant process of Christ in me clarifying who i'm meant to be...more like him...

I'm sharing this because i'm kinda scared.. i don't know how to guide others when i've needed so much help from others to get me here in the first place... What i feel is that i'm not perfect... The responsibility of ones growth in faith is in his own will to do so...Is it a responsibility i can handle? what if i fall and they fall with me? I have see the positive impacts i've had on the people i am surrounded by daily but what do i do next if they want more??? I'm still so new to this, i'm kinda just worried that in my examples...and my efforts to help that i'm not strong enough to have others lean on me... I mean about a year n a half ago i was just as lost and confused in life as they are now...

Thinking about it now... i'm just being selfish for thinking about not lending my hand when they wanna experience what i have... It's the most amazing gift i've ever recieved... unconditional love and someone that never gives up or lets go of me... 

I don't like to force or impose my beliefs onto anyone because of my own experience with people who have tried to do that to me... i think its so important that people come to faith by freewill and with a childlike faith.. like i did... I'm gonna pray on it and give it my all.. if it is needed... 

(As i mentioned before, i know my posts have been quite god reflected recently... i aint bible bashing.. its mainly the chapter in my life right now :) i aint ashamed haterz!!! :p 

Just a quiet mind note i wanted to share... Love Snow x

No comments: