...My words fall as snowflakes... you are my paper that they land on...

Labels

Thoughts (107) Barbados (80) Food (77) Friendships (66) Random (53) Activities (46) Reflections (30) Favourite Things (19) Inspiration (19) Celebrations (17) Family (17) Funny (14) Music (14) Religion (14) Shout Outz (14) Travelling (14) Work (13) Love (12) Cuteness (10) Spiritual (10) DIY Beauty (9) Movies (8) Kindness (7) Nutrition (7) Children (6) Cars (5) relationships (5) Introduction (3) RANTS (3) Treatments (3) memories (3) Design (1) Global views (1) Punked (1) capitalism (1) marriage (1) skincare (1)

Thursday

My Bestfriend is better than your Bestfriend!!!

When we were about 17yrs old!!
Hahahahhahahaaa, what a title right?? we'll... it's kinda true!! Lemme explain...

1stly, i kinda don't believe in bestfriends anymore..yet somehow, i sorta have one!! A long time ago i used to try to find the perfect friendship in another girl... I used to treat my 'bestfriend' like family yet what had always happened was that i would get hurt that they don't value me the way i value them, i'd get hurt if she doesn't come to my birthday celebration or something stupid like that... Sorta like a relationship actually where you expect too much... It's happened too many times for me to sit back and think ' oh i'll just find someone else to replace you' i gave up on the whole idea of a bestfriend all together... It's hard enough trying to have a relationship and make time for a partner, why would you want to create more expectations and obligations to a friend??

My 22nd bday treat from her..
The way i see my relationship with my bestfriend is sorta the way i want my future relationship to be with my husband... Where we support and help eachother, don't constantly have to see eachother to function...I don't expect anything from her, i accept the good and the flaws in her... and whenever we do get together, its amazing and we always have a good time even just washing up the dishes together in church!!
Our random drive to brighton beach with senia
Jessy has always been there for me and i never knew it!! When i had problems with 'friends that were suppose to be my closest ones' from school and when my supposed bestfriend didn't apprieciate my support.. she was always there to give me advice, she was a great friend and all in all, i didn't realise that we were so simular and shared alot of the same beliefs, we both kicked ASS in college with me getting top grades and her coming 2nd :D  WE didn't hang out or meet up too often but when we did, it was like just yesterday we saw eachother, no chemistry lost! So both of us thought if we were to have a bestfriend..surely it would be someone you turn to and feel comfort and support from without the expectation of anything in return... so there you go.. thats how i found my bestfriend!! :D and she is super awesomeness!!

oh but we both think our younger sisters are our bestfriends...we grew up with them...pretty cool how similar we are! i love it!! lol!
We did it Friends style and i messed about in a wedding gown with her lol!!
The reason for this post is because i'm just so proud of her! She's achieved a top grade for her degree as a interior designer and shes getting married next year to the love of her life!! i'm so happy for her!! I get to be a bridesmaid and it's just gonna be exciting to be apart of the biggest celebration of her life...

Oh yea, i found an awesome blog for wedding inspirations...might help you cut the costs alil bit :)

Jess if you're reading this... One day when i'm as lucky as you....you plan my wedding, u'd be better prepared the 2nd time round :D xxx

1 comment:

Jessy said...

Aw jen ur the best..love u....love ur blog..! cant wait to plan urs...hmm im kinda thinkin of doing it for a living :p im lovin it...however, your one of course will be extra special :D xxxxx and yup gna check out the wedding blog now xx